Develop and implement continuing educational curriculum for the Vericel sales teams (Carticel®(autologous cultured chondrocytes) and Epicel® (cultured epidermal autografts)). Sales training initiatives to include both new Cell Therapy Specialist (CTS) on-boarding product and disease-state training as well as organizational / administrative training, compliance as well as indoctrination into Vericel “customer engagement model”. Continuing educational curriculum expectations include programs designed for the continued development of each member of the sales organization including leadership training for most senior members of sales team.
Primary Function / Responsibilities:
- Develops, plan and implements new CTS training program for new all new hires in sales organization as well as customized development plans for all sales representatives as well as sales managers.
- Manages sales training function, personnel training files, and governing training procedures and processes
- Ensures application of adult learning theory and instructional design principles in the development of all sales training and leadership development content.
- Develops and manages key performance indicators, sales / team competencies and trends
- Leads team to plan and implement sales training meetings including: Annual National Sales Meeting/s and other new hire sales meetings.
- Lead and facilitate meetings/workshops
- Identify and manage vendors to facilitate job function.
- Effectively manages designated “field trainers” in the implementation of sales training program
- Collaborates with Sales Management team to select, develop, and motivate sales team members. Also works with management to recruit as well as assess performance management plans and actions
- Provide leadership, guidance, and direction to team including compliance with corporate and PhrmaCode policies.
- Coach and mentor sales team members in all aspect of their job performance and career development including training, feedback, rewards and disciplinary action.
- Manage budget as well as provide input into the department budget.
- Accountable for project completions and achievement of compliance goals.
Secondary Function / Responsibilities:
- Work closely with marketing and market access functions, in the implementation of all key tactical initiatives.
- Interact with project teams and cross-functional groups.
Tertiary Function / Responsibilities:
- Assist with sales team effectiveness and operations, such as quota setting and analyses, sales team budget performance, fleet management and customer relationship management (CRM) tool subject matter expert.
- Assessment, compliance and improvements to utilization for sales team effectiveness.
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the law and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Vericel’s leaders motivate, inspire, build, and retain highly effective manufacturing teams while managing for high performance and developing others. They are versatile learners and courageous decision makers.
Leading the Business
- Vericel’s leaders are effective operating in an evolving, complex and dynamic environment, providing clear direction and instruction to direct reports, and continuously looking internally and externally for best practices and areas for improvement.
Delivering to Customers
- Vericel’s leaders understand patient and customer needs and build relationships as required to meet manufacturing goals while continuously improving operations by setting high standards for the team so they may perform to a level of excellence.
- BS science or business preferred.
- 3 to 5 years sales training experience in medical field, device, biologics or pharmaceuticals
- Direct sales experience in medical field, device, biologics or pharmaceuticals
- Advanced degree or certificate in adult education and learning a plus
- Ability to travel nationally 20-25%