Department: Materials Management
The Materials department is responsible for maintaining an uninterrupted supply of materials essential for the functioning of the site.
The Materials Management Support Supervisor is responsible for oversight of receiving, storage, shipping and transport, order fulfillment, inventory control, supplier and vendor relations and ERP inventory data analysis and reporting of Vericel materials and products.
- Select, develop and motivate qualified staff to effectively carry out department functions and provide for the continuity of managerial and specialized skills.
- Provide career development and guidance to direct reports. Identify training requirements/needs, develop OJT and job related qualifications.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and direction to staff consistent with cGMP and company corporate quality governance.
- Coach and mentor staff in all aspects of their job performance and career development including training, feedback, rewards and disciplinary action.
- Develop work plans, assign tasks, and supervise team(s).
- Ensure staff has appropriate knowledge of department processes and procedures.
- Provide input into the department budget.
- Reconcile and approve monthly accruals
- Reconcile and approve time detail for employees in the time system, partner with management to keep overtime expenditures within budget.
- Establish and report applicable department or organizational metrics.
- Accountable for project completions, achievement of compliance goals, and quality system compliance relative to deviations, root cause analysis, risk assessments, change controls, CAPA, and effectiveness review.
- Represent department in project team meetings.
- Interact with project teams and cross-functional groups.
- Address and/or escalate site compliance problems and issues.
- Lead and facilitate meetings/workshops.
- Identifies relevant risks/contingency opportunities related to supply chain for a product/s.
- Evaluates inventory allocation/leveraging opportunities throughout the supply chain and recommends process improvement.
- Leads and coordinates integration of systems and processes.
- Supervise Leads, Material Handlers, Couriers, Manufacturing Support and Materials Management environment.
- Participate in the development of Distribution, Manufacturing Support and Logistics policies (including operational, safety and quality programs).
- Actively oversee daily inventory activities to assure compliance with all company and regulatory agency policies and procedures.
- Analyze material usage in order to maintain adequate site inventory.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate internal and regulatory policies and procedures. This includes product documentation, specifications, SOP’s, FDA and other foreign authority regulatory requirements.
- Ensure execution of material flow, work practices and inventory control are in accordance with cGXP, FDA, OSHA, IATA, DOT, TSA and other applicable regulations.
- Responsible for keeping department in audit ready condition at all times.
- Analyze and recommend business solutions to complex product planning supply chains and multiple suppliers.
- Assists with master schedule production plan, develop supplier forecasts, verify inventory balances, and develops analyzes reports on usage, demand, trends, on time delivery etc. Manage supplier/vendor relationships. Organize the staff and workload to meet or exceed productivity performance standards for designated area – inbound (receiving), production support, put away, storing, packing and shipping of materials and/or finished goods.
- Listen and evaluate ideas to ensure the effective distribution of materials, inventory control and security for an assigned site.
- Complete corrective action plans to address deficient areas identified and to ensure adherence to compliance.
- Recommend and develop ideas for improvement in operating methods and procedures to resolve problems prior to or when they arise.
- Ensure that committed orders ship on time and those carriers comply with scheduled pick-up commitments.
- Participate in the development of comprehensive launch plans for new and existing products.
- Be available on-call.
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Vericel leaders motivate, inspire, build, and retain highly effective manufacturing teams while managing for high performance and developing others. They are versatile learners and courageous decision makers.
Leading the Business:
- Vericel leaders are effective operating in an evolving, complex and dynamic environment, providing clear direction and instruction to direct reports, and continuously looking internally and externally for best practices and areas for improvement.
Delivering to Customers:
- Vericel leaders understand patient and customer needs and build relationships as required to meet manufacturing goals while continuously improving operations by setting high standards for the team so they may perform to a level of excellence.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 6-9 years of progressive supervisory experience in high volume and fast-paced materials management and manufacturing support environment; supervising multiple functions, including but not limited to inbound (receiving); inventory control; production support; put away, storing, packing and shipping of materials and/or finished goods.
- Must possess proficiency in MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience writing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Strong knowledge of ERP(Great Plains) and CRM (Trackwise) systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business administration, materials management supply chain, or a related field or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience in a bio/pharmaceutical or medical device distribution center environment with cGXP requirements.
- Lean/Six Sigma experience.
- Familiarity with statistical methods, data analysis & process design.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.