The Senior Manager, Commercial Strategy and Effectiveness will work in close alignment with Vericel senior leadership and the C-suite to inform brand strategy and tactics. This position will provide unique cross functional experience that will drive impact and decision making. The position will report to the Director of Marketing and Market Access, Cell Therapies.
- Lead key brand initiatives and projects to optimize brand performance.
- Work closely with senior leadership and field sales management as well as sales team to understand sales process, business reporting, analytics and KPI needs.
- Manage the conduct of primary and secondary market research to support the development of product opportunity assessments for both marketed and pipeline cell therapy products.
- Support business processes including quarterly sales business planning, annual brand planning and other projects with data and insights that inform strategy.
- Keep abreast of market and industry developments and incorporate applicable elements into market insights.
- Work collaboratively with internal customers in the clinical, medical, and commercial organizations; ensure market research addresses key program uncertainties.
- Integrate market research to ensure that forecast assumptions are fact-based and reasonable.
- Responsible for tactical implementation of marketing plans to ensure optimal commercial launch and business results within the US, including launch activities.
- Customer management; customer planning and execution of strategy and tactical plans
- KOL (Key Opinion Leader) management and development, which will include time in the field with both sales representatives and customers to develop a deep understanding of brand needs.
- Execution of key therapeutic area tradeshows and booth developments and other company sponsored events.
- Strategy and program implementation; ensure execution of relevant and impactful customer plans across the team.
- Product and disease knowledge; coordination and collaboration.
- Execute key strategic tactics for the brand.
- Allocate resources and manage budgets.
- Track, monitor progress and adjust activities accordingly.
- Ensure alignment between CTS (cell therapy specialists/sales), Pricing and Medical Strategy (Scientific Lead Engagement Plan).
Abilities and Attributes:
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong technical/analytical skills to identify and solve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management and multiple departments.
- Track record for completing assignments on-time and on-budget.
- Willingness to work collaboratively and experience incorporating diverse perspectives into project decision-making.
- Proven ability to work with a high level of integrity, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Resourceful, tenacious, creative, enthusiastic, and results-oriented.
- Self-motivated, assertive, and self-confident.
- Entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced, small-company environment.
- Bias for action and passion for excellence.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a Business or Science field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience conducting or managing market research for the pharmaceutical, biotech, consulting or similarly regulated industry
- Direct sales and surgical sales a plus
- Strong analytical background
- Proficiency in a wide range of software applications (i.e. MS word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM systems etc.) Advanced Excel skills a must
- Understanding of market research methods and data analysis
- Proven ability to manage time effectively and handle multiple conflicting priorities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.