The Product Manager will work in close alignment with Vericel senior leadership and the C-suite to provide tactical support for key brand strategies and initiatives for Epicel. The Product Manager will gain broad cross functional experience and report to the Director of Marketing and Market Access, Cell Therapies.
- Develop deep understanding of Epicel, competitive landscape as well as sales process, and market forces which will contribute to long term strategic brand and burn franchise planning.
- Responsible for strategic and tactical implementation of Epicel marketing plans to ensure optimal business results within the US.
- Customer management; Customer Planning & Execution of strategy and tactical plans.
- KOL (Key Opinion Leader) management and development.
- Execute key therapeutic area tradeshows and booth developments and other company sponsored events.
- Strategy and Program Implementation; Ensure execution of relevant and impactful Customer Plans across the team.
- Product & Disease Knowledge; Coordination and Collaboration Execute key strategic tactics for the brand.
- Allocate resources and manage budgets.
- Track, monitor progress and adjust activities accordingly.
- Ensure alignment between CTS (cell therapy specialists/sales), Pricing and Medical Strategy (Scientific Lead Engagement Plan).
Abilities and Attributes:
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong technical/analytical skills to identify and solve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management and multiple departments.
- Track record for completing assignments on-time and on-budget.
- Willingness to work collaboratively and experience incorporating diverse perspectives into project decision-making.
- Proven ability to work with a high level of integrity, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Resourceful, tenacious, creative, enthusiastic, and results-oriented.
- Self-motivated, assertive, and self-confident
- Entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced, small-company environment.
- Bias for action and passion for excellence.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
An ongoing commitment to conducting our business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a Business or Science field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience conducting or managing in pharmaceutical, biotech, consulting or similarly regulated industry
- MBA a plus
- Surgical product, burn or wound care experience a plus.
- Ability to develop analysis and presentations with standard tools (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to manage time effectively and handle multiple conflicting priorities
- Experience developing market/product forecasting based on market research output preferred
- Experience working in orthopedics /rare diseases preferred
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical secondary data sources (e.g., IMS, patient/claims data, etc.) preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.