Office: Ann Arbor
The Manager, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting will be responsible as the preparer of financial statements, disclosures and documents related to SEC reporting requirements and be involved in complex accounting transactions including warrants, revenue recognition and oversight and debt compliance.
- Manage and/or assist with preparation, review and filing of the company’s required SEC filings (including Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, as well as XBRL reporting and various filings) to ensure accurate and timely asset reporting in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Responsible for oversight of revenue recognition policies and procedures and ensuring the accuracy of revenue.
- Integral component of SOX implementation and working with internal auditors to ensure controls surrounding the financial reporting process are documented and operating effectively.
- Develop, create and/or modify the company’s financial accounting policies and procedures to ensure that the policies and procedures are in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Stock compensation accounting including stock option valuation, employee stock purchase plan and all related stock compensation disclosure requirements.
- Analyze and interpret new accounting standards and SEC regulations, research and provide appropriate accounting guidance related to various business transactions.
- Implement the Controller’s goals and objectives.
- Special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- 4-7 years of public accounting experience with 2-3 years SEC reporting experience with a publicly held company.
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Experience understanding and resolving complex accounting issues.
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity.
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with other departments and all levels of management, including the CFO.
- Ability to produce accurate results within deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong personal work ethic.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in manufacturing inventory cost accounting
- Experience with Workiva financial reporting software
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.