Department: Materials Management
- Establish inventory levels and ordering criteria to meet production requirements.
- Materials planning for inventories used in all productions related activities.
- Placing purchase orders in response to materials requirements planning.
- Review and selection of suppliers and negotiating routine and non-routine purchase orders with suppliers.
- Review of Non-Conforming product and follow up with suppliers.
- Operate within guidelines of cGMP requirements.
- Development of thorough knowledge of Vericel’s GP Dynamics database in the areas of purchasing, inventory control and material planning.
- Implement values added programs with suppliers in support of production needs.
- Frequent internal company and external interactions. Represents organization on specific projects.
- Lead or participate on special projects as assigned.
- Coordinate with Finance in annual updates to standard costs.
- Resolve pricing discrepancies with suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience; or Master’s degree with 1-3 years of experience.
- Experience working on cross functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Applications.
- Familiar with ERP systems such as Great Plains.
- Experience with Share Point, ReQlogic and Trackwise.
- Familiar with cGMP processes.
- Experience within a regulated environment that frequently audited by the FDA, ISO and other internal and externals agencies.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.