Department: Materials Management
Manages the organization’s supply chain from material planning, purchasing, warehousing and distribution of raw materials. Develops departmental objectives and procedures with respect to inventory levels and metrics. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others.
- Manages activities related to controlled materials: material selection, materials purchase, material control, inventory control, shipping/receiving and materials storage.
- Responsible for supervising materials staff and interfacing with all levels of manufacturing management and functional groups.
- Trains personnel in materials-related procedures in a GMP-compliant manner.
- Develops, implements and maintains policies, procedures and material control systems.
- Ensures that materials are ordered and in stock to meet company requirements while maintaining acceptable inventory levels.
- Ensures that issues regarding new and/or existing products are resolved in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Develops material schedules and coordinates the efficient movement of materials with Purchasing, Production, Quality Control and Engineering.
- Subject matter expert for organization’s ERP system with respect to Item Data, Purchasing, Inventory Control, and Bills of Materials.
- Manages relationships with suppliers, including third-party warehouses.
- Collaborates with legal to review and implement supply agreements with key suppliers.
- Negotiates pricing and maintains standard cost data for the organization.
- Manages Materials and Planning in cross-functional teams.
- Provides review and approval for documentations requiring Materials signatory.
- May perform additional activities, as required, to support Manufacturing Operations.
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience in Materials Planning and Purchasing required.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated record of progression in field required.
- Previous experience a GMP/FDA regulated environment desirable.
- Experience with ERP systems and establishment of Bills of Materials and planning tools required.
- Effective and professional communication skills with employees and supplier representatives at all levels.
- Ability to organize tasks and programs to successfully manage multiple projects independently.
- Knowledge of production operations management of related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in production operations management or related field.
- Certifications (CPIM OR CPM) desired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer