The Financial Planning and Analysis Lead will work with cross functional department leaders to adapt and monitor an operational KPI dashboard to enable both the real time assessment of business performance and the identification of opportunities to improve the Company’s financial performance.
- Take ownership of the annual budget and forecast process (and related reporting), along with long-term growth targeted planning.
- Analyze month/quarter/annual financial results; perform variance analysis on P&L, balance sheet, and operational KPI’s.
- Drive Continuous Cost Improvement, and operational efficiency initiatives to maximize profitability.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models, and activity-based financial analysis to provide insight into the Company’s strategic, operational, and business plans.
- Continuously build an intimate knowledge of the Company’s business, profit drivers, and the implications of the external competitive markets and environmental factors that may affect strategy and operating results.
- Drive P&L accountability throughout the organizations cross functional cost centers through documented metrics and a rigorous bottoms-up forecasting process.
- Lead finance department to add value in operating unit cost reduction, price optimization, and cash flow improvement goals. Provide measurement, direction and development opportunities to the department staff.
- Coordinate with the Department supervisors to track results compared to budget and forecasts.
- Lead strategic business decisions through ad hoc financial analysis, interpretation of financial results.
- Interact with company leadership regularly to communicate operational and financial performance.
- Assist CFO with valuations, M&A activity, complex financial modeling, and other ad hoc projects.
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or economics.
- 7+ years of increasing operational financial responsibility with a reputable company or division of a large corporation.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Strong MS Office skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong Finance skills with a basic to intermediate understanding of GAAP and working knowledge of income statements, balance sheets and statement of cash flows.
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results.
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon time frames through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment.
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical device industry
- I-banking experience