The Director, Global Medical Affairs will develop and maintain a team of Medical Science Liaisons to cultivate top-level opinion leader advocacy and medical education through effective leadership, mentoring, training and direction.
- Full responsibility of the MSL team – on-going education, business planning and execution.
- Develop and ensure execution of the Global Medical Affairs Strategy in line with the Brand Strategy.
- Provide strategic inputs for the development of the global brand and medical affairs plans by being the center of scientific expertise.
- Developing, coordinating and implementing the Vericel Advisory Board for MACI and Epicel.
- Interaction with payers, clinical outcome presentations to Medical Directors.
- Develop the necessary resources and clinical training, literature competencies and competitive intelligence to engage in meaningful scientific discussions in the areas of Cartilage Repair, Regenerative Medicine and Burn Care to develop a partnership with strategically targeted physicians for advocacy development.
- Develop Clinical Dossiers to optimize communications with regulatory and payer interactions to support both the orthopedic and burn products.
- Chairing and Managing the ISS and Grants Committee.
- Representing the Medical team on the Promotional Review Board.
- Fully responsible for publication planning and managing the Publication Steering Committee.
- Cultivate and build relationships with KOL’s and key institutions on a global level.
- Provide medical education at key orthopedic conferences.
- Development of Speaker Bureau slides and training.
- Collection of and reporting on competitive intelligence to the Commercial organization.
- Close interaction with the clinical team on the FDA BLA labeling committee.
- Supporting the Commercial team with training material development.
- Provide expertise and ensure alignment of medical affairs with clinical development and commercial activities.
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Vericel leaders motivate, inspire, build, and retain highly effective manufacturing teams while managing for high performance and developing others. They are versatile learners and courageous decision makers.
Leading the Business
- Vericel leaders are effective operating in an evolving, complex and dynamic environment, providing clear direction and instruction to direct reports, and continuously looking internally and externally for best practices and areas for improvement.
Delivering to Customers
- Vericel leaders understand patient and customer needs and build relationships as required to meet manufacturing goals while continuously improving operations by setting high standards for the team so they may perform to a level of excellence.
- PhD degree in a medical field.
- Qualification in wound care, burn care, orthopedics, and/or regenerative medicine
- 10+ years of experience in pharmaceutical medical affairs and/or clinical develop.ent.
- Experience in both clinical research and patient care.
- Board Certified MD.
- Experience in leading global projects.
- Global product launch experience.
- Experience in working with alliance partners and third party organizations.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.