The Project Manager plans, tracks, and executes projects that are deemed critical to Vericel’s success. The goal is to deliver each project deliverable on time, and within budget. The PM works across all internal departments, as well as with external contractors to establish realistic deliverables and timelines, and holds people accountable to meet agreed deadlines. In the course of their duties, the PM will manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Lead the definition of project scope and objectives.
- Develop a detailed project plan with key deliverables, dates and performance metrics.
- Achieve agreement from stakeholders on project deliverables and milestones.
- Coordinate internal and external resources for the execution of the project; escalate resource constraints to management.
- Run regular meetings, publish meeting summaries and updated timelines as required.
- Highlight threats to project plan in timely manner.
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with 3+ years or Master’s Degree or equivalent with 1+ years GMP/Biotech Manufacturing, Process Development, Quality Control or Project Management experience.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools, including MS Project.
- Highly organized, flexible, and adept at handling multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Formal Project Management training and experience in cGXP Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs or Compliance.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Direct work experience in project management capacity.
- Proven experience in people management, strategic planning, risk management, and change management.
- Working knowledge of world-wide cGMP's and FDA, EMA and TGEA quality systems requirements for cell therapy.
- Working knowledge of cGMP production processes.
- Working knowledge of procurement and supplier management in a cGXP environment.
- Experience working with Enterprise Quality Management Systems (Trackwise).
Working Conditions and Demands:
May require occasional travel to vendor sites and Ann Arbor, MI office (15%)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.