Manufacturing Support is responsible for maintaining an uninterrupted supply of materials essential for the functioning of the site.
This position is responsible for material inventory control relative to material receipts, storage shipping, and transport of materials from and to Suppliers, Vendors, and Third Party warehouse.
In addition to the key responsibilities listed below, the Manufacturing Support Coordinator serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) who supports and covers all essential Manufacturing Support functions relative to, but not limited to, Shipping and Receiving, storage, transfer and distribution of material, Biopsy Kit assemblies, Biopsy Accessioning, and Biopsy order fulfillment activities. Supports and serves as backup to all essential Manufacturing Support functions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintains inventory control in ERP system by performing system transactions at time of material receipt, storage, and distribution.
- Stores, transfers, and distributes material in accordance with specific material requirements.
- Performs material In-Transit Requests within ERP system for material deliveries from Third Party off-site storage location.
- Performs routine inventory cycle counts and daily media counts.
- Participates as key member of Manufacturing Support team in scheduled annual physical inventory activities.
- Assists in completing inventory sales orders fulfillment requests and performs end of day closer.
- Interacts with various groups (QA, R&D, QC, Materials, Validations, Facilities & Engineering, AR/AP and Third Party Logistics) on material requests, receipt transactions, projects, scheduling of routine monthly and annual equipment PMs, and qualification.
- Coordinates off-site material irradiation and sterilization activities.
- Resolves inventory discrepancies and performs applicable ERP transactions.
- Works with accounting as needed to investigate and resolve receiving issues.
- Generates ERP inventory reports and present data in MFG Production meeting.
- Represents department in meetings related to materials and projects.
- Completes department Trackwise records relative to deviations, root cause analysis and CAPAs.
- Conduct internal and external (off site 3PL) employee training.
- Assists with departmental scheduling activities as directed by Management.
- Provides on-call rotation coverage for equipment alarm response.
- Assists in establishing guidelines and procedures by which material handling function operates.
- Performs additional activities as required to support manufacturing operations demands and department coverage.
- Ability to comply with regulatory compliance within Vericel.
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- GED or High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience working in a cGMP environment in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in high volume and fast-paced materials and manufacturing support environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experience with MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/etc.).
- Experience writing Stand Operating Procedures.
- Strong knowledge of ERP (Great Plains) and CRM (Trackwise) systems.
- Ability to make decisions.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- May be required to work in classified and controlled areas such as clean room environment wearing special garments. Additionally, personal protective equipment must be worn due to safety requirements.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing physical duties.
- May be required to lift, push or pull up to 40 lbs.
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and work overtime as required to meet production demands.