Department: Customer Care
The Customer Care Team Lead is responsible for oversight and guidance for all duties of Customer Care Associates and Senior Customer Care Associates in compliance with company procedures & regulations.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and direction to staff consistent with cGMP and company corporate quality governance.
- Develop and maintain weekly shift and On Call schedules, ensuring appropriate coverage for the department.
- Develop work plans, assign tasks, and ensure daily tasks and responsibilities are completed.
- Conduct training sessions and lead the development of the staff to effectively carry out department functions.
- Ensure staff has appropriate knowledge of department processes and procedures.
- Participate in duties relating to the running of the department such as: creating regular metric reports; participate in audits, participate in the interview process for candidates and provide feedback to supervisor for performance evaluations.
- Accountable for project completions and achievement of compliance goals, such as SOP revisions, as assigned by Manager.
- Represent department in cross-functional meetings as needed.
- Interact with Project Teams and participate in User Acceptance Testing as it relates to quality standards within Customer Care.
- Address and/or escalate compliance problems and issues.
- In the absence of a team member, prioritize required tasks and perform necessary Customer Care activities while overseeing the day to day responsibilities of the team.
- Utilize superior written, verbal and phone skills to handle sensitive information in a timely and organized manner.
- During peak periods, assist in performing daily and weekly Customer Care activities.
- Assist team members with escalated issues from the Sales force and/or Reimbursement team; address as necessary with supervisor and/or senior management.
- Work in conjunction with Manufacturing, Manufacturing Support, QA and QC in the event of schedule changes (planned or unplanned) to ensure orders are met and products are shipped accordingly.
- Maintain high knowledge regarding product lines and customer service processes.
- Assist in periodic SOP revisions for the department.
- Be available to support On Call and/or Logistics functions in the absence of the Supervisor.
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with 5 years of customer service experience.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Must possess solid working knowledge of MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Experience leading a team in a customer service setting.
- Experience working in a cGMP environment in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Qualified as an On the Job Trainer.
- Experience within a regulated environment that is frequently audited by FDA, ISO and other internal and external Agencies.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.