Office: Ann Arbor
Vericel is seeking to hire a temporary Accountant with a main focus in Accounts Payable reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of accounts payable, cash disbursements, monthly accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Manage the process around accounts payable invoice intake, imaging, processing, and payment via ACH, check, and credit card.
- Work with different departments to clear up receiving, pricing, or other invoice issues.
- Review new vendor requests for accuracy and create new vendor master files in Great Plains ERP.
- Manage vendor accounts to ensure accuracy in amounts outstanding, expense coding and cash disbursed.
- Reconcile monthly corporate credit card statements.
- Research, locate, and booked monthly expense accruals into the correct period.
- Receive, process, and expense out prepaid invoices into the correct periods.
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for monthly general ledger close.
- Provide support for audits and special projects.
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
- Respecting the laws and operating within the applicable regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Vericel a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- 4+ years of general accounting experience with focus on accounts payable.
- Experience with 3-way match invoice processing preferred.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Great Plains software a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.