Department: Human Resources
Office: Ann Arbor
The Benefits and Compensation Manager is responsible for overseeing and administering the company’s benefits, compensation and HR Information System programs and activities.
- Oversees the administration of company benefits programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA, COBRA, 401(k) administration, worker’s compensation, disability and time off plans.
- Ensures that benefits and compensation programs are administered with consistency and in compliance with governing laws and regulations.
- Analyzes and maintains knowledge of industry trends and data to recommend changes or enhancements to benefits and compensation programs.
- Participates in benefit plan renewals; develops open enrollment materials, SPDs and other benefit communications; oversees annual open enrollment activities.
- Supports the administration of the company’s compensation programs by analyzing job descriptions, conducting job evaluations and participating in external salary surveys.
- Participates in the annual review, preparation and administration of the company’s Performance Management program.
- Manages the maintenance and data integrity of the Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) for HR/Payroll administration, including ADP and Fidelity PSW.
- Performs ongoing HRIS research and training to identify and implement system enhancements and upgrades, with the goal of providing end-users (employees and managers) efficient and supportive technologies.
- Participates in payroll administration activities, including review and approval of HR updates during biweekly payroll cycles.
- Administers and maintains HR budget for compliance and planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, MS a plus.
- 5+ years benefits and compensation experience, including 401(k) plan administration.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and compliance requirements.
- Advanced proficiency utilizing ADP HR/Payroll system.
- Advanced proficiency utilizing Excel spreadsheets.
- Customer service oriented, with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to foster teamwork.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidential information.
- Strong communication skills, written/verbal/presentation.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Vericel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Vericel Corporation is VEVRAA federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans for job openings at all locations within the state.